Our Small Place in the Cretan Sun

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I Hate Kokkino Horio

I Hate Kokkino Horio

Well, this is not strictly true. Kokkino Horio is a lovely old whitewashed Cretan village quite close to the sea and reputed to have been one of the locations for the filming of “Zorba the Greek”. It now sits in “Little England” amidst the Brits whose holiday homes overlooking the blue Cretan Sea and each others’ houses. With so many swimming pools it is not surprising that there is often a water shortage there.

Anyway, my problem is that I keep driving my car into this village by mistake. Kokkino Horio is full of typical tiny narrow streets which go to….. a dead end, which is an absolute nightmare to escape. It’s like some insect trap, I seem to get lured into the village and by the time I discover the error of my ways it is too late, the car is stuck. The locals in the kafenion have a great laugh watching hapless motorists reversing in their struggle to get out!

I really must avoid the place….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home